Sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg chewable tablet is a prescription medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). It comes in single use packs with a flavored oral jelly containing sildenafil, the same active ingredient in the medication Viagra. The tablets are made especially for those who have difficulty or dislike swallowing pills for erectile dysfunction. The soft tabs are easy to chew and swallow and are, therefore, ideal for all those patients who find it difficult to take a hard tablet. The soft tablets naturally contain the same active ingredients as the Kamagra tablets and, therefore, work in the same way.
What does Kamagra 100mg chewable tablet contain?
Kamagra chewable tablet contains an active ingredient, sildenafil citrate. It is in a class of medications called phosphodiesterase (PDE)-5 inhibitors of vasodilators.
How does sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg chewable tablet work?
Kamagra chewable tablet contains an active ingredient, sildenafil citrate, a PDE-5 inhibitor . As a PDE-5 inhibitor, it blocks the PDE-5 enzymes that cause the penis to go flaccid. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis and inducing smooth relaxation during sexual stimulation. Once the smooth muscles in the penis relax, erection occurs.
Who cannot take sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg oral jelly?
This drug is not recommended for those who are/have:
- Below 18 years old
- Allergic to sildenafil and any of its ingredient
- Heart conditions where sexual activity is not advised
- Hypotension, or low blood pressure
- Severe liver problem
- Recent heart attack or stroke
- Vision loss due to poor circulation
- Known hereditary degenerative retinal disorders
- Taking nitrates, nitrite poppers, nicorandil, or riociguat
How should you take Sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg oral jelly?
Take this drug exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You may view Additional Information tab for the recommended doses.
The usual dose for most patients is 50mg, as needed, approximately about one hour before sexual intercourse. The amount of time it takes to work varies from person to person, but it normally takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour. The dose may be increased or decreased depending on response. The maximum recommended dose is 100mg, and it should not be taken more often than once in 24 hours.
Open sachet and chew the tablet. One sachet is for one-time-use only. Take this medication orally with food (to reduce gastrointestinal upset) or without food. Consuming Kamagra chewable tablet after a heavy meal might take longer for the medicine to work; therefore, it is advised to take this medicine with light meals if taken with food.
This medicine will help you get or maintain the erection only if you are sexually stimulated. However, you should not take this medicine if you do not have erectile dysfunction. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
What if you miss a dose?
If you forget your dose, you can take it as soon as you remember it and as needed unless it’s nearly time for your next dose. In this case, just skip it and take your next dose at the usual time. Never take 2 doses at the same time. Never take an extra dose to make up for a missed dose.
What if you take too much?
Taking too much sildenafil is harmful. You may experience headache, dizziness or lightheadedness, indigestion, congested nose, and changes in vision. Talk to your doctor right away if this happens.
What are the side effects of Sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg chewable tablet?
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. The most frequently reported adverse effect by patient includes:
- Headache or dizziness
- Heartburn, nausea or upset stomach
- Abnormal vision (blurred vision, changes in color vision)
- Runny or stuffy nose, nosebleed
- Sleep problems (Insomnia)
- Muscle pain or back pain
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction (hives, difficulty of breathing, swelling in your face of throat) to sildenafil, or a severe skin reaction (fever, sore throat, burning in your eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling).
Get medical help right away if you have any of these serious but rare side effects (occurring in less than 1 in 1,000 people)
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Chest pain
- Sudden hearing loss, ringing in the ears
What other precautions should be taken?
Sildenafil should never be used in children for erectile dysfunction.
Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of this drug in the elderly. Caution and dose adjustment in elderly patients may be needed because they are more likely to have age-related liver, kidney, or heart problems.
This drug is not indicated for use in pregnant women for sexual dysfunction.
This drug is not indicated for use in lactating women for sexual dysfunction.
Before taking sildenafil, tell your doctor if you have:
- Heart disease
- Deformity of your penis
- Blood disorder, like sickle cell anemia, hemophilia, multiple myeloma
- Stomach ulcer
- Liver or kidney disease
Some medicines affect how sildenafil works and vice versa and potentiate its adverse effects. Inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medications:
- Antihypertensives and α-blockers (e.g. doxazosin, prazosin, terazosin)
- Azole antifungals: Itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Antibiotics: Erythromycin, clarithromycin, rifampicin
- Anti-HIV drugs: Ritonavir, saquinavir
- Anti-epileptics: Phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine
- Anti-asthma: Theophylline
- Potentially Fatal: Any form of nitrates and riociguat
Intake of alcohol and marijuana is not advised due to increased risk of orthostatic hypotension (form of low blood pressure that happens when standing after sitting or lying down).
It is advised not to drive if you are experiencing the side effect of sudden loss of vision.
Diet and Lifestyle
Some lifestyle habits are highly associated with ED, such as smoking, alcohol abuse, physical inactivity, and stress. So, making healthy lifestyle behavior changes may reduce your ED symptoms.
Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication as it may increase adverse effects.
How should you store Sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg chewable tablet?
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
- For the drug to work, you have to be sexually stimulated.
- Do not take the drug more than once a day.
- Tell your doctor that you take sildenafil. If you need emergency care for a heart problem, it will be important for your healthcare provider to know when you last took this drug.
- If you are using this medication for ED, avoid taking other drugs for ED. The safety and effectiveness of sildenafil when used with other treatments has not been studied. Combined use could lead to additional lowering of blood pressure, possibly to unsafe levels.
- Always discuss with your healthcare provider all the medications you are taking, including prescription-only, over-the-counter, and supplements to avoid any drug interaction.
What company produces Sildenafil (Kamagra) 100mg chewable tablet?
|Chairman: Mannalal Bhagwandas Agrawal
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Number of employees: 7,000+
Subsidiaries:Ajanta Pharma (Mauritius) Limited, Ajanta Pharma USA Inc., Kazakh Ajanta Pharma Ltd., Ajanta Pharma Nigeria Limited, Ajanta Pharma Inc, Surkhan Ajanta Pharma Ltd., Turkmenderman Ajanta Pharma Ltd.
— Ajanta Pharma Ltd. (@AjantaPharmaLtd) January 26, 2023
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. Recommended doses are as follows. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
Common side effects:
Rare but serious side effects:
Below 18 years old
60 Pills, 90 Pills, 28 Pills